Remember that your piercing is a wound and also has to be treated like one. Never touch your piercing, except for when cleaning it. Make sure you always wash your hands first. A wound needs time, rest and cleaning to heal. A wound can get infected, so cleaning it is essential.
Don’t sleep on your piercing. The weight of your head will put pressure on the wound and this can lead to bumps and irritation.
Facial- and bodypiercing:
– Wash the piercing twice a day with a non-perfumed soap, preferably with Unicura Balans (the purple one), liquid version with pump, or opt to use our Neilmed Saline spray (adviced)
– First wash your hands
– Spray the Neilmed Fine Mist or put some foam of the soap on the piercing and the skin around it. Leave to soak in for 20-30 seconds
– Finally rinse off with warm water
– Then dry the piercing carefully with a gauze or paper towel and leave the skin around your piercing dry as it is
Do not use: sterilon, iodine, alcohol or creams; an antibacterial soap cleans more than enough and the other products are usually too aggressive for your skin and may take away good bacteria’s you need for healing as well.
Don’t cover your piercing with a plaster of bandage. A wound needs to breathe in order to heal.
Too much cleaning does more damage than good, follow the points above. When you face any problems with your piercing then contact the boutique.
Never take out the jewellery if you think your piercing is infected. Infected looks red, swollen and it`s constantly covered with dried up waste. If you take out an infected piercing, both open ends will close and the dirt of the infection has nowhere to go but to stay there and infect the surrounded area inside.
– Be extra conscious about cross-contamination: don’t touch your hair and then your piercing
– Don’t wear tight or dirty clothing over your new piercing.
– A piercing can look healed from the outside while it’s not on the inside. Be patient and continue taking good care of it
– Don’t change your jewellery before your piercing is healed complety. Don’t hesitate to stop by and ask our piercer if this is the case
– Avoid all oral contact until your piercing is completely healed
– Make sure your bedding is clean, especially if pets get onto your bed
– If you are wearing a barbell: check daily with clean hands to make sure the jewellery is still screwed on tight. The piercer will place the jewellery for you, but it is your own responsibility to check if it doesn’t come loose.
Please understand that, due to hygienic reasons, all sales are final.